Digital Projection International, an Emmy® Award-winning manufacturer of high-performance projection systems, announces that the TITAN HD 600, sx+ 700 and 1080p-700 models have completed full qualification for portrait use in either dual or single lamp operation. By simply rotating these models onto their side, DP customers can project content in portrait orientation, creating impactful imagery through aspect ratios that are taller then they are wide. |
Portrait displays offer an often-requested solution for a growing number of applications. They can be used to:
•Achieve a much taller image from a given throw distance than horizontal orientation would achieve.
• Increase vertical screen resolution without the need to vertically stack and blend two projectors.
• Simply create the attention grabbing impact of a dramatic vertical aspect ratio.
The portrait capability further adds to the existing flexibility and deployability of the 8,000 – 10,000 lumen TITAN models.
Applications where portrait orientation is suitable include:
•Digital Signage, retail displays, museums and transportation.
• Tradeshow exhibits.
• Major staged events.
• Command and control and process control.
• Visualization and simulation.
• Multi-projector edge blend applications where additional image height is desired.
• Medical and scientific research where increased vertical resolution is required.
From an installation perspective, achieving the portrait orientation on a TITAN is easy to do via one of 4 methods:
1. Simply orient the projector on its side, with the input panel facing up. Although the projector cannot be locked down via this method, the clean, flat surfaces of the TITAN platform, combined with the rugged build standard, make this a perfectly stable solution for temporary portrait orientation such as when conducting demonstrations. The full range of motorized horizontal and vertical lens shift is still available.
2. Add Digital Projection's optional TITAN Portrait Adapters, and the adjustable feet included with every TITAN can be used to support the projector in portrait orientation. Beyond the added stability of the increased stance, these adapters also enable the mechanical pitch and roll adjustability provided by the feet to compliment the extensive range of motorized horizontal and vertical lens shift.
3. Add DP’s optional RapidRig™ system and you now have pitch, roll and yaw, along with the extensive lens shift. When equipped with the RapidRig™ system, portrait TITANs can be configured for pedestal mount, or quickly attached to truss and flown using industry standard cheeseboroughs.
4. Add the TITAN portrait ceiling mount kit (coming soon), and hang the portrait system as easily as you would in a typical landscape installation.
All TITAN HD 600’s, sx+ 700’s and 1080p-700’s delivered to date incorporate the portrait capability as a standard feature, as will all the future TITAN units shipped by Digital Projection. Portrait-mode TITANs will be on display at numerous Digital Projection-attended tradeshows throughout 2009.
For more information contact Michael Bridwell, Marketing Communications Manager
Digital Projection Inc., 770 420 1350 - email@example.com