VIZIO, America’s #1 large size LCD TV company1, today announced the availability of its all-new connected platform – VIZIO Internet Apps Plus™. Building on the brand’s #1 position in the smart TV industry2, VIZIO Internet Apps Plus combines a best-in-class connected TV experience with an all-new, powerful platform and additional apps. The new smart TV experience debuted on VIZIO’s all-new M-Series Razor LED™ smart TV collection, the brand’s latest most feature-rich smart TV line-up to date, ranging from 32” to 80” in size.
VIZIO Internet Apps Plus provides consumers with an intuitive smart TV experience. The platform features advanced, full-screen app browsing and discovery, HTML 5 app support, the ability to control apps with mobile devices and an intuitive app launcher. Consumers can not only navigate
quicker and easier, but the redesign also provides access to a newly expanded full-screen app library, making it simple to find, organize and browse the full collection of apps. The new interface also overlays an app launcher along the bottom of the screen for quick, at-a-glance access to seven of the user’s favorite apps. With the selected app now in center focus of the display, users can better view the previous three and next three apps in the carousel for faster navigation.
Users can now control apps with a mobile device, paving the way to seamless second screen interactivity between phones, tablets and smart TVs. The innovative YouTube™ "Send to TV" feature allows consumers to send a YouTube video from their mobile device to the TV when both are connected on the same Wi-Fi network. With this added convenience, users can easily lean forward on mobile devices to search for videos, then lean back to enjoy them on the big screen. The
consumer can even transition the YouTube video back to the mobile device, allowing users to continue watching as they venture into another room without missing a beat.
Based on consumer feedback and research, VIZIO is also introducing their latest innovation to compliment the smart TV experience on VIZIO’s M-Series TVs. VIZIO’s new Wi-Fi Direct Smart Remote features a faster response time than IR by using Wi-Fi to communicate with the TV, which gives users great range from anywhere in the room and without needing to point directly at the TV*. With an elegant and streamlined industrial design, the remote also includes quick launch smart TV keys for fast access to movies, TV shows and other on-demand content, as well as backlit keys for easier nighttime viewing. VIZIO will deploy a software update to new internet-connected M-Series TVs and alert users to follow the onscreen directions to update their remote with the added Wi-Fi features later this summer.
"The latest generation of VIZIO Internet Apps Plus represents two years of development and design. Delivering more power through a new full screen mode and enhanced features, the platform offers a highly intuitive, seamless entertainment experience for consumers," said Matt McRae, VIZIO Chief Technology Officer. "We're also excited to announce the advanced second screen interactions VIZIO Internet Apps Plus provides, allowing for application and service control through a mobile phone or tablet device."
As part of VIZIO’s unwavering commitment to providing consumers with the latest and best technologies, VIZIO’s next generation smart TV platform also supports HTML 5 apps, which allows developers to create richer app experiences using a more efficient protocol that enables better interactive design and features for consumers.
Current popular apps that have helped VIZIO become the smart platform consumers connect to most include Amazon Instant Video, HuluPlus, Netflix, VUDU and YouTube among others. New apps to join the new platform include:
· M-GO – M-GO is the people-friendliest, new pay-as-you-go digital entertainment service that makes it easier than ever to browse, rent, buy and enjoy the broadest, newest and best selection of movies and TV shows on your screens. Created by people who love entertainment for people who love being entertained, M-GO’s mission is to transform the world of digital entertainment on the viewer’s terms. Whether viewing at home or on-the-go, M-GO makes it even easier for consumers to enjoy the freshest releases and a deep catalogue of hits with handpicked recommendations, paying only for what they want without needing to commit to subscription fees.
· ESPN ScoreCenter – Gives sports fans real-time game scores and information from all major leagues and sports. ESPN ScoreCenter is a data-driven application that features stats, schedules, rankings, scores, personalization and video highlights.
· ESPN EXTRA – Allows college football fans to enjoy a personalized experience with short-form clips during College Football Season (September 2013 through February 2014).
· 3DGO!™ – Unique to the VIZIO Theater 3D Smart TV experience is SENSIO’s 3DGO!, the world’s first dedicated 3D video-on-demand service featuring a wide array of premium 3D content including some of the latest Hollywood blockbuster titles. Based on the award-winning SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology providing the best 3D image quality, 3DGO! is the perfect app for 3D movie enthusiasts who desire instant access to new 3D content, with an intuitive and easy-to-use interface, and requiring no subscription or additional equipment.
“Smart TV platforms provide consumers additional options for gathering content via their TV,” said Ben Arnold, Director of Industry Analysis at NPD. “VIZIO has maintained their position as the leading LED TV brand with apps included from last year through Q2 2013.”
VIZIO’s new M-Series with its new smart TV platform now extends its award-winning smart TV collection with screen sizes from 32” to as large as 80”, perfect for enjoying the latest movies, TV shows and more on-demand with stellar picture quality and near borderless, ultra-thin design. The new M-Series lineup is now available at VIZIO.com and at retailers nationwide including Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Sam’s Club, Target and Walmart.
For more information on VIZIO’s all-new VIZIO Internet Apps Plus smart TV platform or the latest M-Series HDTV collection, please visit www.VIZIO.com <http://www.VIZIO.com> .
1 The NPD Group / Weekly Tracking Service, Large Size includes 60”+, Q2 2013 units sold
2 The NPD Group / Retail Tracking Service, Q2 2013 LED TV units with Apps included
* Wi-Fi Direct Smart Remote update summer 2013