Anthem Launches MDX—Advanced And Versatile Multi-Zone Distribution Systems
Anthem’s new MDX Series features fully powered independent-zone subwoofer connections, as well as ARC® Genesis room correction for each zone.
August 5, 2019
Anthem Electronics, an award-winning manufacturer of high-end electronics for music and home theater, is pleased to announce the launch of the MDX Series of distribution systems. MDX features advanced DSP processing, matrix switching, and cutting-edge Anthem amplification technology, providing smooth, efficient, consistent high power and reliability. They are engineered to simplify custom audio system installations and to blow listeners away with extreme performance in any setup.
MDX includes these key features and more:
- 60 Watts (8 Ohms) / 120 Watts (4 Ohms) with all channels driven, or bridges to provide 200 Watts (8 Ohms).
- 8- or 16-channels of Ultra-Class-D amplification, each supported by Advanced Load Monitoring technology, delivers fast, reliable performance even under the most demanding loads.
- Independent Anthem Room Correction (ARC®), bass management, bass/treble adjustments, and level control settings are available for each zone, assuring each room sounds its best.
- 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter (DAC) maintains the integrity of high-resolution source materials.
- All DSP and on-board room correction executed at above-standard 32-bit/48kHz.
- Full digital/analog matrix switching allows any analog RCA, digital coaxial, or digital optical input to be assigned to any output—either pre-configured via the web interface or switched in real-time via
- Customized pre-set DSP settings.
- Separate zone-specific bass management and subwoofer integration via a passive (RCA) or active (powered by another zone in bridge mode) connection.
- Bridging allows up to 200 Watts for high power applications such as subwoofers.
- Digital switching output allows linking of digital inputs between multiple MDX.
- Analog pass-through connections allow daisy-chaining of multiple MDX-16 units.
- Speaker terminal block connections accept up to 12 AWG, ideal for long speaker cable runs.
- IP/RS232 capability ensures compatibility with leading home automation systems.
- Fast power ON/OFF switched via IP/RS232, 12-Volt trigger, or audio sensing.
- High-efficiency design meets global power saving standards. Secure professional rack-mount arms included.
Nothing could be simpler than on-site configuration and room calibration using MDX’s intuitive web-based controls. The specially designed, adaptive user interface works on any device and allows users to:
- Customize zone configurations, from input assignments to zone names.
- Adjust levels (and every aspect of performance) independently.
- Run Anthem Room Correction (ARC Genesis) for each zone, and customize settings separately.
- Run network firmware updates with the touch of a button.
Robust IP/RS-232 connection capability ensures compatibility with leading home automation systems, with easily downloaded drivers, including Control4, Crestron, Elan, RTI, Savant, and URC.
Digital Inputs, Digital Switching
Fast, efficient Ultra-Class-D amplification is supported by proprietary Advanced Load Monitoring technology, delivering reliable performance under even the most demanding loads. MDX’s high-efficiency design meets and exceeds global power-saving standards.
MDX-16 features smooth, instantaneous digital switching output the allows the linking of digital inputs between multiple units. MDX-16 also features analog pass-through connections, allowing daisy-chaining.
Dedicated Subwoofers for each Zone
MDX are the first distribution solutions to offer the ability to expand a system by adding external subwoofers. This is accomplished through either an RCA connection to a powered subwoofer or external sub amplifier; or by assigning a zone’s output to power a subwoofer. Any subwoofer attached to an MDX also benefits from Anthem Room Correction, which not only corrects acoustic output for an ideal response but also sets bass management settings (including subwoofer phase) for a flawless transition to the main speakers.
Zone Configuration Options
Zones can have custom names, multiple inputs, independent playback, and tuning controls and can bridge for more power. Subwoofer bass management is available in any zone and allows users to set the crossover frequency, level, phase, and polarity. Only the MDX Series gives listeners this much control over multiple zones, supporting creative system designs and thrilling audio performance.
Equalization & Matrixing Capabilities
Full digital/analog matrix switching allows a user to assign any analog RCA, digital coaxial or digital optical input to any output, either pre-configured via the web interface or switched in real-time via IP commands.
MDX-16 audio inputs:
- 8x stereo RCA
- 2x digital coaxial
- 2x digital optical (Toslink)
MDX-8 audio inputs:
- 4x stereo RCA
- 1x digital optical (Toslink)
MDX-16 audio outputs:
- 8x stereo speaker level with Euroblock connectors
- 8x RCA subwoofer
- 2x stereo analog pass-through
- 1x digital optical (Toslink) jack.
MDX-8 audio outputs:
- 4x stereo speaker level with Euroblock connectors
- 4x RCA subwoofer
MDX-16 retails for $2,999/each (US) and $3,499/each (CAD).
MDX-8 retails for $1,999/each (US) and $2,499/each (CAD).
The MDX series is now shipping.
For more information, please visit: