Epson has introduced the Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD® Projector with HDR2, with a price tag under $2,000 MSRP. The new Home Cinema 4010 leverages Epson’s new, proprietary 4K PRO-UHD technology which the company said features an enhanced version of Epson’s advanced pixel-shifting, resolution-enhancement technology, along with an expansive DCI-P3 color gamut, high dynamic range and 100 percent balanced color brightness to display bright, full-colored imagery and stunning resolution for an immersive viewing experience that friends and family will love.
“Epson’s new Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD projector represents a new type of 4K experience for home theater projection,” said Rodrigo Catalan, Senior Product Manager, Projectors, Epson America. “Utilizing proprietary resolution-enhancement technology, along with advanced forms of HDR and image processing, the Home Cinema 4010 produces incredible brightness, color accuracy, and image detail for the ultimate 4K experience.”
The Epson Home Cinema 4010 is powered by Epson’s new 4K PRO-UHD technology, which is said to be an advanced, high performance optical engine that generates high color brightness and white brightness, color accuracy and dramatic contrast with HDR10. The projector features 2,400 lumens of equal color and white brightness, a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1, a wide color gamut displaying the entire DCI-P3 color space, and Epson’s advanced state-of-the-art 15-element glass projection lens at an extremely competitive price.
The Home Cinema 4010 features a 12-bit digital processing chip with Frame Interpolation and proprietary Advanced Motion Control for smooth, crisp transitions between scenes. In addition, a wide lens shift range –± 96 percent on the horizontal axis and ± 47 percent on the vertical axis––is said to offer exceptional installation flexibility. The Home Cinema 4010 allows viewers to experience vibrant, The set of features include::
• Epson 4K PRO-UHD technology––Utilizes dedicated hardware processing to precisely control three-individual 1920 x 1080 LCD panels that accepts a maximum input resolution of 4096 x 2160. This advanced form of pixel-shifting technology, according to Epson, produces an exceptional 4K experience, including color, brightness and resolution, that is similar to, competing home theatre models claiming native 4K performance
• HDR10 High Dynamic Range and Rich Black Contrast—full 10-bit color output and a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1 is said to deliver an extraordinary range of color and detail in both bright and dark scenes
• Advanced Three-Chip, 3LCD Technology—sophisticated parallel pixel processing and a state-of-the-art three-chip architecture is said to deliver amazing color accuracy, color brightness and color gamut
• Epson’s Advanced Projection Lens—state-of-the-art 15-element glass projection lens is said to display a bright, uniform image with virtually no hot spots or chromatic aberration
• L*a*b* Ultra Wide Color Gamut—delivers 100 percent of the three-dimensional DCI-P3 color gamut, the digital cinema standard, with 50 pearcent wider color gamut than Rec. 709
• Three-Axis Precision Motor—for powered focus, 2.1x zoom, up to ± 96 percent horizontal and up to ± 47 percent vertical lens shift, and 10 preset positions
• Professional Level Color Accuracy––low Delta E, for extremely accurate color reproduction
• 100 Percent Balanced Color and White Brightness—2,400 lumens of color and 2,400 lumens of white brightness4 for vibrant, rich color
• Smooth, Crisp Images and Transitions—12-bit digital color processing chip with Frame Interpolation and proprietary Advanced Motion Control
• No Color Wheel—images are free from any distracting rainbow effect; balanced color and white brightness means no white segments
The Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD Projector with HDR is available for $1,999.99 MSRP through select retailers, e-tailers and the Epson online store. The projector includes a two-year limited warranty, toll-free access to Epson’s priority technical support PrivateLine, and free next-day exchange with Extra Care Home Service.