Meridian Launches In-Wall Digital Active Loudspeaker
Features a shallow 100mm mounting depth for easy installation and precise positioning.
November 6, 2019
Meridian Audio has launched its latest loudspeaker from the Architectural range, the DSP750 in-wall digital active loudspeaker. Features include:
- Three new, high-performance drive-units
- CLASS-M DSP engine providing thermal and dynamic bass protection
- “Double-baffle” aluminium enclosure design to minimize unwanted resonances and coloration
- Separate mid-range driver enclosures to eliminate interaction with the bass drivers
- Five drive-units powered by a bridged pair of Dynamic Hi-Res amplifiers; each pair capable of delivering over 100 watts into 8 ohms
- EBA (Enhanced Bass Alignment) to heighten sound quality across the frequency range
- Center Elevation technology to create an immersive sound experience that appears to come from the center of the screen
- Meridian’s enhancement technologies, including FIFO buffering, DSP upsampling, apodising filters, and MHR (Meridian High Resolution)
The DSP750 delivers a maximum output of 120 dB and bass extension down to 30 Hz. Its built-in custom tweeter with a beryllium dome and diffraction expansion technology ensures a wide sound dispersion, capable of playing over 40 kHz. The DSP750 has solid off-axis performance with two 100mm mid-range drivers, enabling it to produce a uniform and lifelike stereo image over a wide listening area.
In addition, the sealed aluminium cabinet design features a shallow 100mm mounting depth for easy installation and precise positioning. The rough-in box and frame can be adjusted for various wall materials and depths, while the magnetic grille can be painted.
For more information, visit www.meridian-audio.com/products/loudspeakers/architectural.