The HDBaseT Alliance, the cross-industry association tasked with promoting and advancing the HDBaseT standard, continues to address the evolving market needs with the best solutions in the market. The recently released Spec 3.0 delivers the highest quality and most superior performance with the convergence of ultra-high-speed, uncompressed audio & video, 1Gb Ethernet, USB 2.0, controls and power, with zero latency.
HDBaseT Spec 3.0 is the only solution in the market that enables long-reach distribution of uncompressed HDMI 2.0 4K@60 4:4:4 (18Gbps), while guaranteeing a plug-and-play, future-proof and interoperable network. Fully backward compatible with previous HDBaseT specifications, HDBaseT Spec 3.0 devices integrates Valens’ VS3000 Stello chipset, now commercialy available.
Valens’ VS3000 ASIC chipset is a highly-integrated device, tailored specifically for the ProAV market and delivering:
• HDBaseT ‘Port Duality’, enabling single hardware design with configurable HDBaseT ports, which can function as HDBaseT transmitter or receiver ports, enabling a single SKU product for end users
• Support for the most advanced video formats, such as Dolby Vision and HDR10
• Enhanced audio capabilities allowing for audio insert, extract and duplication, including S/PDIF and I2S-4, for a full 7.1 channel surround sound system and eARC
• HDCP2.3 and HDCP1.4
• Converged 1Gb Ethernet, optimizing live video streaming and software upgrades
• USB2.0 for interactive installations
“The HDBaseT Alliance is deeply aware of the ever-evolving needs of the market, working with our members, installers and integrators to better address their needs,” said Tzahi Madgar, President, HDBaseT Alliance. “Our latest spec – 3.0 – brings unprecedented quality, higher flexibility, and significant cost reduction to our member manufacturers, integrators and installers. “
“Valens’ VS3000 is the only ASIC solution in the market today that enables the distribution of uncompressed HDMI2.0 over long distances,” said Gabi Shriki, Sr. Vice President and Head of the Audio- Video Business at Valens. “The VS3000 is a testament of Valens’ commitment to the ProAV market as our customers – the leading AV manufacturers in the industry – can design products with better quality, higher flexibility, and significant cost reduction.“